How to play Kalooki 40?
Kalooki 40is quite similar to Kalooki 51 with a few small differences. Simply go over these instructions quickly and start playing online!
- Like all of the Rummy games we offer, this one is also played by two to four players.
- To play Kalooki 40 you need two standard decks of cards and 2 Jokers.
- No matter how many players are in a game, each of them gets 13 cards.
- The goal of the game is being the first player to get rid of all of the cards in his hand.
- As the game progresses, players make melds (sequences) of cards in their hand. There are two types of melds: a set and a run. A set is made up of 3-4 cards of the same rank. A Run is made up of 3 or more consecutive cards of the same suit.
- The minimum amount of cards in any meld is 3.
- There are up to 4 cards in a set and a minimum of 3. In Kalooki 40 a run can be up to 13 cards long.
- In every turn (even when winning) a player must draw a card at the beginning, and discard a card in the end.
- Drawing cards can be done from both the stock pile (face down) and discard pile (face down). When drawing a card from the discard pile, a player can pick up the last card that has been laid there. In Kalooki 40 a player can draw a card from the discard card only if he is using it to lay down melds in the same turn.
- During a turn a player can lay down melds on the table add builders (matching single cards) to existing melds. For that for the first time, you need your melds meet the value of 40 or higher.
- The Jokers value towards hitting the 40 point minimum is according to the value of the card they are replacing.
- Penalty points - defeated players receive penalty points per the cards left in their hand. In elimination tournament, this gets them close to the elimination threshold, and when they reach it - they are eliminated from the game. In a "Going out" winning move, all defeated players receive points according to the regular table. In a "Kalooki" move, they get additional 15 penalty points.
- In Kalooki 40, players can go Kalooki even if they add builders to melds that are already on the table.
- The pool prize is divided relatively to the winners' points and changes in 2, 3 and 4 player games.
These are the basics of how to play Kalooki 40, to read the complete set of rules and terms, feel free to visit our Kalooki 40 rules page.